Freitag, 16. Oktober 2009

John Cougar Mellencamp - Live USA - New York 1980





[Soundboard]

New York City, NY
The Bottom Line
10-10-1980

The "Live USA" silver bootlegs were released about 20 years ago and sold dead cheap at record stores, mainly in Germany. Some of them were actually really good and this is one of them! As you can see, the packaging is kinda shoddy (note the misspelling of Mellencamp!!!), but for about five Euro/seven bucks you couldn't go too wrong.

Since this is my first Mellencamp post I wanna let you know that - not matter what he was calling himself at that time: Johnny Cougar, John Mellencamp, John Cougar Mellencamp etc - I'll label all posts "John Mellencamp" so you can easily find all posts using the guide on the right. I'll post more stuff from this guy really soon!

Enjoy this nice show!

Tracklist:
01 - Hot Night In A Cold Town
02 - Night Dancin'
03 - Sugar Marie
04 - Small Paradise
05 - Cheap Shot
06 - Taxi Dancer
07 - Great Midwest
08 - Ain't Even Done With The Night
09 - This Time
10 - Welcome To Chinatown
11 - I Need A Lover
12 - Miami

Audio:
MP3
192 kb/s
[Rapidshare]

2 Kommentare:

  1. As a longtime avid Mellencamp fan, I want to thank you for sharing these old recordings. I just started with this one, and plan to check out all of your other Mellencamp offerings as well. Quite fascinating hearing him from so long ago. His voice sounds rather worn out on this recording, but I still love it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hey, you're VERY welcome! I hope you'll enjoy the other Mellencamp stuff as well!

    Thanks for your comment, feel free to let us know what you think of the other boots! :)

    AntwortenLöschen